Accounting Associate – Job Post
The Accounting Associate will under limited supervision provide accounting support, requiring familiarity with and experience in accounting office practices. Duties include, but are not limited to, computing, classifying, recording and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records, and may include Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), Cash Control and General Ledger activities.
- A/R cash posting including daily deposits of checks and funding received.
- Process weekly customer contract cancels.
- Invoice Sellers for amounts paid by American Auto Shield for cancels on behalf of the Seller.
- Prepare reports and summarize down payments received for different programs.
- With access to online banking, initiate and process Front Range Payment Systems ACH payments daily as needed.
- Enter and process specific A/P for all companies.
- Send Invoices and monthly A/R Statements as required.
- Complete bank reconciliations for all companies.
- Process and reconcile all Credit Card monthly statements for all companies
- Input data, generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
- Act as a backup for processing and auditing claims payments to repair facilities.
- Reconcile GL accounts.
- Perform audit requests, which may require independent analysis.
- Prepare various accounting schedules, reports and projects as needed.
- Responsible for all filing for bills, bank statements and other documentation.
- Various other clerical duties as needed.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- 2+ years of accounting and bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks experience strongly preferred (or similar accounting software)
- A/P and A/R experience
- Merchant Processing experience helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with skills above basic to intermediate level of expertise in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience working with, and the practices needed to maintain confidential data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and work in an environment with competing priorities
- Working with multiple companies and the ability to distinguish the difference between the various company interfaces and unique processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous demonstration of excellent customer service skills preferred
EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Prefer Associate degree or higher in Accounting or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree, and in addition to the above required experience.