Controller – Job Post
The Controller is a newly created position, reporting to the VP Finance/CFO, which will oversee and manage all accounting related activities including, but not limited to all general accounting functions – G/L, A/P, A/R, cash management, external audit, etc., for American Auto Shield and related companies. This position is an opportunity to expand your skills, expertise and knowledge and to grow with the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create and establish monthly reconciliation processes between the contract detail database and accounting to improve reporting and cash flow analysis over operating fee results vs. underwriting reserve funding
- Provide detailed analyses and reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly/year-end basis to ensure all information is accurately stated
- Assume a leadership role leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources, including the design and implementation of management reporting tools that provide financial visibility to fees vs. reserves
- Document key financial and business policies, procedures and controls and continue to ensure the documentation of processes and procedures are current, compliant and accurate
- Provide leadership and expertise for Company’s Accounting team. Proactively address all team performance issues in a timely manner, including staff development designed to drive successful performance and increased skills and expertise while partnering with management and the Human Resources team when needed
- Provide ongoing, adhoc analysis for the CFO and executive staff; and assume additional responsibilities from the CFO as Controller becomes more knowledgeable of the business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Four-year degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Requires 6-8+ years of corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with all aspects of internal and external audit procedures
- Ability to understand complex business and financial flows
- Demonstrated utilization of US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Quick Books preferred
American Auto Shield is an underwriter of Vehicle Service Contracts and also provides customer service and claims administration for our customers. We are a small privately held established company located in Lakewood, CO in the Denver West Business Park. We are a growing Company, and expanding our vehicle service contract product lines into payment plan financing and home warranties. The Company offers a competitive compensation package including bonus opportunities, and health and welfare benefits which include medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and a 401k with employer match.
Job Type: Full-timeApply